Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Transformed, Renewed

"I want to love wildly and live recklessly..."

"Let it never be about numbers and what the world calls success. Let is instead be about Jesus and about love. May I be transformed by my mind being renewed. May I step out of the mindset that I filled with greed and self-satisfaction and in the one that is marked by selflessness. May the opinion of man feel as empty and meaningless as it really is, and may I care only about Your opinion of me. May I never carry my accomplishments on my sleeve knowing that my failures far outweigh them and both are worthless in Your perception. I want to follow You wherever You go- not go wherever I want and ask You to follow me. I want to know the communion of Your suffering that I may better know the joy You bring in times of mourning. I want too experience You just how You are, not how I want You to be. I want to love wildly and live recklessly and tell the world to shove it while I pursue a breath of life and become alive


by finding You in the mountains


and the oceans


and in the homeless


and sick.


May I be a man marked by love and by grace. One who loves because he is loved, and gives grace because he has received it."

This was written by Luke Miller from Gilbert, Arizona. He posted it on Facebook, and with his permission, I have posted it on The Wayfarer. My heart screamed "Yes!" when I read it. I hope your does too.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Incredible stuff Luke!!! My heart screams YES with this!!!!! right on!

Ben